Friday 12 September 2014

How I left LinkedIn

My letter to good old colleague and friend of mine, dated as of February year 2014.

-----
Dear _________, I can't connect with you in LinkedIn even if I'd wish, which I really don't. That is because of a simple sequence of events:

  • After using their "services" for several years I understood that they are of totally zero practical use for me (but I still had all the spam).
  • I kindly asked them to be removed from their service.
  • It ended in me shouting bad words towards them until they removed me.
  • My email address is not welcomed there anymore. Which I feel good about after all this, really.


I'm researching other professional networking resources at the moment. There are some, so I'm sure LinkedIn is not a monopoly. Which I'd hate very much if they'd be. Just because I don't like monopolies.

So, I you have a concrete practical reason to be in touch professionally: just give me a call (oh, it's not practical from _________) or drop me a message. If you just like to network: twitter, facebook, etc. Google+ btw ;)

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment